With judgment and shaming so high, I’d like to get a little bit off my chest. You’re a good mom if you keep your child fed, safe, clothed and sheltered. However you may do that, I praise you for keeping tiny humans alive! With that being said here’s a little humor for ya.
You might be “Real” mom if….
- You say you’re going to get so much done during nap, but really you get sucked into instagram.
- You wear PJs all morning to change into yoga pants to change back into PJs.
- You buy all organic, only to have your child eat pretzels and goldfish.
- You dry the clothes five times so you don’t have to fold them.
- Paper plates. Enough said.
- You hide in your closet or bathroom from your husbands and kids for a quiet moment.
- You attempt to go to the farmers market, only to have toddler meltdown so you end up a Chick-fil-a.
- Your child has a full-on exorcism in the grocery store and you leave an entire cart and go home.
- You let your child look like a dying fish throwing a tantrum on a Home Depot store floor.
- You drink a glass of wine before 5.
- You let them play at the park by themselves while you catch up on Facebook.
- You get them ice cream because you want ice cream.
- You don’t share chocolate with kids in rear-facing car seats.
- You want to work out and get your baby body back but you like tacos, too.
- You drag them to the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus even though you know they’re going to freak out.
- You have photo shoots with complete meltdowns.
- You regift presents given to your kids.
- You love them with all you’ve got no matter how tired you are.
- You leave the house 20 minutes late on the daily.
- You plan an entire day and it gets ruined within 5 minutes.
- You relish in baby belly laughs.
- You wipe dirty bottoms as best as you can knowing you probably left a little poo.
- You go to the gym with childcare and just sit in the locker room for an hour.
- You hold on to them often and as much as they’ll let you.
- You hope, pray and work towards making them good human beings.
Trying to avoid a minor meltdown…
What’s your #RealMom moment??
Photography by Keilany K Photography