One must ask children and birds how cherries and strawberries taste. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Sweet Berry Farm is only about a 25 minute drive from the Austin City Limits but boy is the drive gorgeous. It’s become a little tradition to do pumpkin picking in the fall and berry picking in the spring. Here are a few tips to plan your trip to the farm!
Tips for Berry Picking at Sweet Berry Farm
- Bring sunscreen and hats (we love our San Diego Hat Co. hats!) as it gets hot and sunny in a heartbeat!
- Have your camera ready for berry pickin’ photo ops.
- Strollers, wagons and carriers are welcome.
- They are open on ALL holidays but ALWAYS closed on Wednesdays
- Drink the strawberry lemonade. Mmmmm. Drooling just think about it.
- Cash or check only! They have an ATM but the fees will get ya!
- Mornings are calm and quiet. Get there early for less craziness.
- Enjoy the WHOLE farm; from train rides to horses and a goat haven, they have it all!
- Get ready to get a little dirty. (Chasing around a toddler will definitely enue dirt.)
- Have fun! This is the only farm of it’s kind in the Austin area. And it’s free to get in. Enjoy it!
What are your favorite farms to visit?